Before I get lost in my own words, I would like to thank Aditi for nominating me for the Bloggers Marathon Challenge. I am thrilled, but I am also a bit worried. I have been literally struggling to post daily ever since I started this blog six months back. Even as I take up this challenge, I can feel the excuses bubbling inside me.
- But I can’t. I really can’t. (Oh yeah, you said that before starting this blog too.)
- Hey, what about all those SEO articles I have got to write every day? (Why don’t you show them your middle finger for a change? After all, you have been doing them for donkey’s years.)
- I am not a machine. I need to rest. (You won’t die if you don’t take rest for seven days.)
- Listen, I am a mother. (That baby has more brains than you. Explain the situation to him and he will understand.)
- But I have to do the cooking, cleaning, and the grocery shopping! (Houses never complain when they get dirty. You can live on bread and water for seven days. As for the grocery shopping, just buy enough bread to last you seven days. It’s that simple.)
- But what about those few games of Candy Crush Saga I sneak into my busy schedule? (Don’t you know that it is a crime to play Candy Crush Saga? Give it up before the law descends on you!)
So I have no more excuses left. I have made up my mind that I will make seven posts, at the rate of one post per day, for seven consecutive days and successfully complete this marathon. To make sure that I will keep my word, I have decided to tell my readers in advance about the posts I intend to make. I will be adding links as and when I finish these posts.
It is a poem I wrote long back. I wanted to post it on my blog a long back too, but put it off because I did not have a picture. So, I finally have a picture.
Part IV of the scooter story is ready! My head is literally bursting with ideas for these Saraswati stories. They are going to be the craziest stories ever written and I am going to have loads of fun writing them.
Again, I have the photos ready. All I need to do is post them.
I have the photos. I just need to get the words ready. This is something I have been putting off for days.
I have a category on my blog called “Mom Speaks” and I haven’t posted in this category for ages. All the posts in “Mom Speaks” are related to my parenting experiences and are written in honour of my lovely little boy. One of my marathon posts is going to be about my expectations as a mother.
Although I cook and cook and cook every day, I haven’t posted any recipes for a long time. When I made these rice rotis for the first time, I was so nervous that I was shivering from head to toe. Oh no, they are not too difficult to make, but I just messed things up. When they were finally ready, they were quite eatable.
I haven’t busted any myth for a long time. I am absolutely sure I will go to hell if I don’t write a post on the Coke and Mentos combo.
And now I have to do a good deed. I have to nominate five bloggers for this challenge. It is supposed to be the one and only rule of the Bloggers Marathon Challenge. After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to nominate the following wonderful bloggers for this challenge.
Happy blogging, my friends! And you don’t have to worry about the word count. Even a post of one word will do.